La Nouvelle Etoile is a luxurious barge with very spacious accommodation for up to 8 passengers, offering a wonderful blend of traditional elegance and sophisticated, state of the art facilities. The bedroom suites, each over 200 square feet, boast internet access and TV/DVD and large double sink bathrooms.
One of La Nouvelle Etoile's cabins is adapted to accommodate passengers with physical challenges and the barge is fitted with an elevator (lift) for wheelchairs.
The elegant, air conditioned, teak-lined dining area and saloon, with an attractive bar and piano, feature warm and inviting furnishings. There is a spacious sun deck with comfortable loungers and hot tub. Other facilities include internet access, exercise room and 8 bikes.
The barge's attentive crew of five is comprised of an experienced Captain, Master Chef, Tour Guide, Engineer, and Hostess — all of whom will ensure your cruise is truly memorable.
La Nouvelle Etoile is designed to be fully accessible to wheelchair users and the less physically able. The doors are wide enough for wheelchair users to move easily from room to room and there is a lift between decks. One of the cabins is specially equipped specifically for wheelchair users. All tours are suitable for wheelchair users and the air conditioned minibus has a lift and special straps to secure a wheelchair in place.
La Nouvelle Etoile has many interesting itineraries. (Visit ITINERARY page for more info of specific routes mentioned below)
- The Netherlands (Holland tulip cruise)
- Holland to Belgium
- 12-day Belgium to France cruise.
- Four areas of France (Chablis cruise, Champagne & Brie cruise, Upper Loire & Sancerre cruise, Alsace-Lorraine cruise)
- Germany & Luxembourg
Sample Dinner Menu:
- Fresh Foie Gras Grilled with Grapes in Wine Sauce
- Rack of Lamb In Herb and Pine Nut Crust
- Panache of Fresh Vegetables
- Rosemary Potatoes
- Stuffed Zucchini Flowers
- Warm Goat Cheese and Bleu d'Auvergne Cheese on Toast, Bed of Crispy Salad
- Sticky Toffee Pudding with Creme Anglais and Strawberries