Cuisine Aboard : Food & Drink
Sublime food and wine is a principle reason why people to come to France. Inspired both by the tradition of rich, French cuisine and fresh Mediterranean ingredients, Athos' chef takes passengers on a journey through the very best of the Southern French culinary tradition.
Gourmet French meals are a centerpiece of the Athos experience. The Languedoc is home to a great diversity of food and culinary traditions, all of which feature exceptional local ingredients. Chef carefully selects fresh produce from the local markets and will delight you with cuisine that reflects the region and its love affair with food. Dishes inspired by the first cherries of spring through to the squash harvest in October will be a cruise highlight.
When you think French wines, Bordeaux, Champagne and Burgundy come to mind, but the Languedoc is a truly exciting wine region with so much more variety and so many different flavors. Enjoy beautiful sparkling wines, elegant white wines that pair so well with local oysters cultivated at the nearby coast, and full-bodied red wines that taste of the wild herbs that grow in the Mediterranean landscape. If you're looking to discover new wines, Languedoc is the place to come.
Sample Wine List
- Domaine Pierre Cros Les Costes AOC Minervois
- Les Costières de Pomerols AOC Coteaux de Languedoc
- Picpoul de Pinet
- Château Mire l'Etang AOC La Clape Rosé
Sample Menu For Spring
- Grilled spring asparagus, peas and broad beans topped with a perfect poached egg and hollandaise sauce
- Fragrant thyme, parsley and rosemary crusted rack of lamb served alongside Provençal Ratatouille and steamed new potatoes
- Decadent dark chocolate fondant with an Agen prune parfait and Armagnac syrup
Sample Menu For Summer
- Mediterranean Oyster Medley: Tempura battered, Kilpatrick and on the half shell with shallot and red wine vinaigrette
- Sea bass filet served with a bright Sauce Vierge on a bed of courgette ribbons, basil pine nuts and parmesan. Crowned with a courgette flower fritter
- L'Ecu, fresh Combebelle goat cheese
- Delightful filo millefeuille served with fresh strawberries, berry compote, mascarpone cream and strawberry honey sorbet
Sample Menu For Autumn
- Roasted squash soup spiced with a garlic and girolles mushrooms fricasse
- Classic French duck breast in a rich current and red wine reduction, with panfried foie gras and local steamed greens
- Ossau Iraty
- Plum and frangipane tart served with roasted almond ice cream
HOME > Cuisine: Food & Drink