Barge Cruise Itineraries - River Shannon, Ireland
When it comes to river cruises, Ireland remains one of the most fascinating undiscovered locations in the world. Offering a mixture of folklore, quaint customs, friendly locals, and the sort of lush green landscapes which earn the island its nickname of ‘The Emerald Isle’,
Cruise gently through the heart of hidden Ireland aboard the Irish Hotel Barge Shannon Princess, calling at pretty riverside villages, little changed through the centuries, while enjoying on board service and cuisine second to none. The Shannon Princess is all about creating a trip of a lifetime and they are happy to tailor the perfect vacation just for you. With their Classic Barge Cruise itinerary you can also add extra activities on a pay as you go "à la carte" basis including golf, fishing, and horse riding.
—— CLASSIC BARGE CRUISE ITINERARY ——
—— THEMED BARGE CRUISES ——
- ARTISAN FOOD TRAILS: Combine a barge cruise with gastronomy & shore visits to local Cheese makers, Artisan bakers, Smoke Houses, Galway Bay Oyster Beds, Farmers Markets and Glorious Kitchen Gardens. Seasonal foraging and Daily Cookery lessons aboard.
- FAMILY BARGE CRUISE: This Family or Club Style Charter is a perfect casual barge cruise choice for families or a group of old friends. It is relaxed, tailor made and, above all, a great value too. It has proven to be a very personalized & charming experience with great Guest appreciation.
- GOLFING BARGE CRUISE: For championship quality golf try the historic and unforgiving Lahinch Golf Club; the Christy O'Connor designed Glasson Golf and Country Club, the Doonbeg International Golf Links, or the spectacular Galway Bay Golf Club.
- GUIDED WALKING BARGE CRUISE: Led by our professional Walking Guide, this itinerary embraces the luxury and comfort of barging, along with the satisfaction and exhilaration of quality walking tours. Explore the Pilgrims Path, the Slieve Bloom Way, the Arra Mountains, the neolithic Graves of The Leinstermen, and the Tain Trail on Lough Ree. Daily walks cover between 14 & 20 km.
—— OTHER POSSIBLE ITINERARIES ——
- ANTIQUE AND CRAFT TRAIL: Any glance at Ireland's antiquities – its great churches, the jewellery worn by Celts, the intricacies of illuminated manuscripts like the Book of Kells – will show what a long tradition of sheer artistry exists here, what a delight of pattern, shape texture. This tradition continues today with Crystal, Pottery, Bog Wood Carvings, and Silk and Linen art. Spend a day visiting artists and crafts people's studios. — INQUIRE
- EQUESTRIAN: Scenic trail rides, forest and lakeshore treks, cross-country riding, jumping and riverside picnics. Perhaps time enough for a day at the races? — INQUIRE
- FISHING: The Shannon boasts a rich reservoir of quality fish; choose from Course, Game or Fly-fishing. There is a Gillie service available. Try for perch, pike, eel or trout. — INQUIRE
Learn more about the Shannon River area:
HOME > Barge Cruise Itineraries - Irish Hotel Barge Shannon Princess