About the Boat : Specifications, Fact Sheet
117 FEET LONG
1 TWIN/DOUBLE SUITE
3 TWIN/DOUBLE STATEROOMS
ALL WEATHER WHEEL HOUSE WITH OBSERVATION AREA FOR GUESTS
8 TOURING BIKES
AIR CONDITIONED MINIBUS
All guest cabins can be configured with either one double or two single beds (see sizes below). All cabins have wardrobe, drawers and cupboards, a bedside reading lamp and solid mahogany fittings. They have 2 large windows, one of which opens. All cabins have private, en-suite bathroom facilities.
Note: The measurements are approximate
- Cameron Suite (Bow) 12ft x 12 ft 4" (3.65m x 3.77m)
- Macpherson Stateroom 11ft 6" x 10ft (3.53m x 3m)
- Mackintosh Stateroom 11ft 6" x 10ft (3.53m x 3m)
- Frazer Stateroom 11ft 6" x 10ft (3.53m x 3m)
SIZE OF THE BEDS:
- In the Cameron Suite the double bed measures 5ft wide x 6ft 3" long (1.5m x 1.92m) or as 2 single beds, each 2ft 6" wide x 6ft 3" long (0.09m x 2m).
- In the Staterooms the double bed measures 6ft wide x 6ft 6" long or as 2 single beds each 3ft wide x 6ft 6" long
- The ceiling height in the Cameron Suite is 6ft6 (2m) but gets a little higher in some parts.
- The Staterooms are all about 6ft 9" (2.1m) high.
All bathrooms have showers, wash hand basin and a W.C. They are fully tiled, with a radiator, 110v power socket and an air extractor fan (except the Cameron suite which has a port hole). Each bathroom is supplied with towels, shower gel, hand soap, shampoo, hair dryers, slippers and bathrobes.
SALON & DINING ROOM
- Room size 20ft x 12ft approx.
- Enter from the main sundeck by a double door and then 5 steps down to the salon.
- Finished in yew and Brazilian mahogany.
- Seven observational windows.
- Two leather armchairs, two Chesterfield sofas, and a coffee table.
- Dining table seats up to 9 guests.
- Long fully-stocked bar with fridge.
- Tartan carpet runs throughout the salon leading into a corridor accessing the four guest cabins.
There is an outside deck area at the bow of the barge with a large table and seating for eight guests.
You are welcome to visit the Captain on the all-weather, centrally heated bridge. The bridge has a compass, depth sounder, radar and fish finder (maybe you can find Nessie!).
CLIMATE CONTROL & ELECTRICITY:
- AIR CONDITIONING: Not necessary. Each guest cabin has a fan.
- CENTRAL HEATING: Yes, individually controlled
- ELECTRICITY SUPPLY: The barge is wired to supply 240 volts with 110 volt sockets in the bathrooms for shaving. We suggest you bring an adapter for your particular appliance, which corresponds to the standard British Isles 3-pin plug. If you wish to use an electrical appliance on board, please ask one of the crew when you arrive on board to ensure that it is suitable to the barge's electrical system. We cannot be held responsible for unforeseen voltage fluctuations which sometimes occur when swapping from one voltage system to another.
COMPUTER & TELEPHONE FACILITIES
- There are no passenger telephones aboard Scottish Highlander.
- Complimentary WiFi is available on board for guests bringing their own devices. Connectivity can be limited in remote locations.
LEISURE & ENTERTAINMENT
- Hi-Fi system with CD player, radio, and iPod docking station. Guests are welcome to bring their favourite CDs from home
- 8 mountain bikes. Children's bikes and child bike seats can be arranged if required. Please let us know at least 8 weeks prior to departure.
- A collection of board games
- A small library of books and maps
- Binoculars for watching the bird wildlife
- WiFi internet access is available for passengers bringing their own devices. Please be advised that internet facilities are subject to availability and can be intermittent in this rural location
The Scottish Highlander barge has a very comfortable 9-seater (including driver) air conditioned minibus, which is used for transfer and excursions.
For charter bookings, the itinerary can be adapted to suit your group's particular needs. If a destination or excursion is within a reasonable distance from the barge, we will do everything we can to arrange it. Please speak with us before your cruise and we can pre-arrange with the captain.
Any guests not wishing to participate in an excursion are welcome to remain on the barge.
CYCLING & WALKING
You are welcome to walk or cycle, using the on board bicycles. Most guests choose not to miss any cruising and tend to cycle or walk when the barge is stationary.
Cycling opportunities can be limited on certain days due to the differing terrain along the cruise route.
There are 8 mountain bikes on board. Children's bikes, helmets, and child bike seats can be arranged if required on request. Please notify us at least 8 weeks before your departure.
Our barges have a strict non-smoking policy. Smokers are asked not to smoke inside the barge as this may create an offence to your shipmates. Smoking is categorically not permitted in the cabins for safety reasons. If you would like to smoke, you are requested to smoke outside on deck away from fellow passengers.
PASSENGERS WITH MOBILITY RESTRICTIONS
Scottish Highlander has boarding steps with two handrails from the bank to the main deck. The gradient can sometimes be steep. There are five wide stairs from the main deck down to the salon. The guest staterooms are on the same level as the main salon. To access the Cameron Suite, there are three stairs down from the stateroom corridor with a single handrail. The crew will assist in every way they can but if you have any physical difficulties please advise us before continuing with your reservation.
HOME > Barge Facts