Facts About Barge Grand Cru : Specifications & Fact Sheet
Launched in 2018, the 8-passenger, French Hotel Barge Grand Cru offers private barge charter cruises in the Cote d'Or wine region of Southern Burgundy.
Length: 128 feet -- Width: 16 feet
4 Staterooms configured as either doubles or twins
Air conditioning / Central heating
WiFi (subject to local reception)
Sun deck with Spa pool/ Hot tub
Air conditioned minibus
- Four cabins with ensuite bathroom
- Each cabin approx 260 sqft with 6'8" headroom
- Choice of King bed or 2 oversized Twins
- Vanity dressing area
- Individual AC and Heat controls
- Charger for devices (tablets, mp3 players, phones)
- W.C, wash basin, shower and separate tub
- Heated towel racks
- Heated floor
Dining Room & Salon
- Headroom: 6'9" - 7'
- Salon and separate dining room
- Panoramic-view windows throughout
- Demonstration-style kitchen
- Day head / Powder room
- WiFi where available
- USB docking stations
- iPad for guests' use
- Sun canopy for shade
- Hot tub / Spa pool
- Seating area and loungers
- Outdoor dining space
- 8 Bicycles with helmets
- Air conditioning and central heating throughout with individual temperature control.
- Grand Cru has a 9-seater (including driver), air conditioned minibus.
- Any guests not wishing to participate in an excursion are welcome to stay on the barge.
Cycling and Walking
- Passengers are welcome to walk or cycle using the on board bicycles as often as they like. Most people choose to disembark the barge at a lock and then visit local villages and then return to the canal and meet the barge a little further along. The barge travels slowly and therefore "catch up" will not be a problem.
- 8 bicycles and helmets are available on board.
- GOLF: Grand Cru offers a Golf itinerary for charter groups.
Passengers With Mobility Restrictions
- Steps between Salon and Guest Cabins
- Please let us know in advance of your cruise if you require frequent or ongoing medical attention. The crew are unable to administer medicines but can accompany you to a chemist/pharmacy for you to purchase any necessary medicines. Due to your cruise often being in a rural location, we recommend you bring all necessary medications with you. Doctors are usually not far away for an urgent consultation and the Emergency Services can be called if required.
- Our barges have a strict non-smoking policy for safety reasons and for the comfort of fellow passengers. If you would like to smoke we request that you smoke outside on deck away from fellow passengers.
- The local currency in France is the Euro.
- Gratuities are not included in the cruise fare. Tipping is entirely discretionary but is greatly appreciated by the crew.
- If fully satisfied with the level of service on board, passengers on average tip approximately 7% of the full cruise fare. All tips should be given to the Captain and are shared between the whole crew on board.
- Please note that gratuities can only be made on board by cash payment.
Problem During Your Cruise
- If you have a problem during your holiday, please give us the immediate possibility to make it right. Bring any concern to the private attention of your Captain who will often be able to solve any issue immediately.
Safety and Security
- Once on board your Captain will talk you through the Cruise Safety Procedures. Please note that we cannot be responsible for any valuables that you bring on board. We strongly recommend that you do not bring valuables with you unless required and that you ensure that any valuables are covered by your travel insurance.
- Safes are provided in each cabin on board but cabin doors are usually not locked for safety reasons.
HOME > Specifications & Fact Sheet for Barge Grand Cru