|Barging in France:
Luxury barge cruise vacations on the French hotel barge GRAND CRU cruising the
Canal du Rhone au Rhin and the Canal du Centre in Southern Burgundy
Barge GRAND CRU
Cruising along the Canal du Rhone au Rhin and the Canal du Centre
between Dole and St. Leger-sur-Dhune in Southern Burgundy France
(Please note that current photos are architectural drawings. Will post actual pictures soon.)
SPECIFICATIONS : ABOUT THE BARGE
The Grand Cru's modern design features four luxurious staterooms each with an area of 260 sqft and 6'8" headroom. Each guest cabin has your choice of a king bed or two oversized twin beds, plus a vanity dressing area, and large ensuite bathroom with separate shower and bathtub. The comfortable furniture throughout the spacious salon and expansive deck fare perfect for either conversation or quiet reflection. The crew of six will ensure that guests are well looked after and include a private chef, a dedicated tour guide and, of course, the Captain.
- Length: 128 feet -- Width: 16 feet
- 8 Passengers
- 4 Staterooms configured as either doubles or twins
- 6 Crew
- Demonstration-style kitchen
- Air conditioning / Central heating
- 8 Bicycles
- WiFi (subject to local reception)
- iPod dock and iPad for guest use
- Sun deck and Spa pool/ Hot tub
- Air conditioned minibus
- Four cabins with ensuite bathroom
- Each cabin approx 260 sqft with 6'8" headroom
- Choice of King bed or 2 oversized Twins
- Vanity dressing area
- Individual AC and Heat controls
- Charger for devices (tablets, mp3 players, phones)
- Iron and ironing board
DINING ROOM & SALON
- W.C, wash basin, shower and separate tub
- Heated towel racks
- Heated floor
- Headroom: 6'9" - 7'
- Salon and separate dining room
- Panoramic-view windows throughout
- Demonstration-style kitchen
- Day head / Powder room
- WiFi where available
- USB docking stations
- iPad for guests' use
- Sun canopy for shade
- Hot tub / Spa pool
- Seating area and loungers
- Outdoor dining space
- 8 Bicycles with helmets
- Air conditioning and central heating throughout with individual
CYCLING AND WALKING
- Grand Cru has a
9-seater (including driver), air conditioned minibus.
- Any guests not wishing to participate in an excursion are welcome to stay on the barge.
- Passengers are welcome to walk
or cycle using the on board bicycles as often as they like.
Most people choose to disembark the barge at a lock and then
visit local villages and then return to the canal and meet the
barge a little further along. The barge travels slowly and
therefore "catch up" will not be a problem.
- 8 bicycles and helmets are available on board.
PASSENGERS WITH MOBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- GOLF: Grand Cru offers a Golf itinerary for charter groups.
- Steps between Salon and Guest Cabins
- Please let us know in advance of your cruise if you require frequent or ongoing medical attention. The crew are unable to administer medicines but can
accompany you to a chemist/pharmacy for you to purchase any necessary
medicines. Due to your cruise often being in a rural location,
we recommend you bring all necessary medications with you. Doctors are usually not far away for an urgent consultation and the Emergency Services can be called if required.
- Our barges have a strict
non-smoking policy for safety reasons and for the comfort of
fellow passengers. If you would like to smoke we request that
you smoke outside on deck away from fellow passengers.
- The local currency in France is the Euro.
PROBLEM DURING YOUR CRUISE
- Gratuities are not included in
the cruise fare. Tipping is entirely discretionary but is
greatly appreciated by the crew.
- If fully satisfied with the level of service on board, passengers on
average tip approximately 7% of the full cruise fare. All tips
should be given to the Captain and are shared between the
whole crew on board.
- Please note that gratuities can
only be made on board by cash payment.
SAFETY AND SECURITY
- If you have a problem during
your holiday, please give us the immediate possibility to make
it right. Bring any concern to the private attention of your
Captain who will often be able to solve any issue immediately.
- Once on board your Captain will
talk you through the Cruise Safety Procedures. Please note that we cannot be responsible for any valuables
that you bring on board. We strongly recommend that you do not
bring valuables with you unless required and that you ensure
that any valuables are covered by your travel insurance.
- Safes are provided in each cabin on board but cabin doors are
usually not locked for safety reasons.
It's not how far nor how fast, it's the pleasure of the journey that keeps people coming back for more.
Barging in France - Hotel Barges in France - Barge Charters Cruises Vacations Tours Trips