Welcome To Barge Spirit of Scotland
Spirit of Scotland was purpose-built as an elegant hotel barge and her style evokes that of the traditional steamers that plied the lochs of Scotland in times gone by. Enjoy the extensive public areas inside and out that are perfect to admire the spectacular Scottish Highlands scenery in comfort as she sedately cruises the Caledonian Canal and the lochs of the Great Glen.
Accommodating up to 12 passengers in comfort, Spirit of Scotland's interior features a bright and spacious saloon and dining area with picture windows, a separate bar, and an integral forward wheelhouse giving views of the cruise route ahead. The six air-conditioned cabins offer a choice of twin or double beds and are complemented by well-designed en suite shower rooms.
Outside, there are separate areas where you can relax on a recliner, perhaps in the heated spa pool, as well as a covered dining terrace. The large upper sun deck is the ideal place to admire the breath-taking backdrop and historic landmarks such as the loch-side Urquhart Castle.
All this, together with the traditional Scottish cuisine, fine wines and wide range of whiskies served on board by an attentive crew of 6, combine to ensure a truly memorable cruising experience.
Cruising the Highlands of Scotland
Cruise the Caledonian canal between Banavie to Muirtown, through the Great Glen and along legendary Loch Ness, encountering some of Scotland's finest scenery along the way.
Ancient castles leading to the waters edge, heather-clad hillsides and arguably the finest inland cruising scenery in the world.
The legends of the past, the taste of single malt and the mythical inhabitant of Loch Ness all contribute to a special magic only experienced in Scotland's dramatic Highlands.
Anchor below castles and explore the Glens, Munroes and Bens on your barge cruise aboard Spirit of Scotland.
Barge Cruise Highlights:
- Tour of the renowned Dalwhinnie whisky distillery with a private tasting
- Majestic Falconry Display on the banks of Loch Ness
- Tour of Cawdor Castle and gardens, home of Shakespeare’s Scottish Play
- Visit Eilean Donan and Urquhart castles
- Wonderful river, canal and loch cruising & excellent opportunities for walking
- Visit Glencoe, scene of treachery between the Campbell and MacDonald clans
- Stunning scenery and wildlife
- Wonderful river, canal and loch cruising
- Excellent opportunities for walking
HOME - Welcome to Scottish Barge Spirit of Scotland