Welcome to Hotel Barge Panache
The 128-foot Barge Panache is a 12-passenger luxury hotel barge of classic Dutch design. The barge is fully air conditioned with spacious public areas and six en-suite guest cabins, with your choice of twin or double bed configuration. En-suite bathrooms have twin sinks and oversize showers with massage jets. Panache is traditionally furnished in an old ship style with brass and mahogany, creating a comfortable and charming ambience. The salon and dining room have large panoramic windows for viewing the passing countryside, as well as comfortable sofas, books and music, and an always open inclusive bar. The sun deck is spacious and has a heated spa pool; a perfect place to watch the sun set after dinner.
Hotel Barge Panache
Panache has a highly professional crew of six, comprised of Master Chef, Deck Hand, Tour guide, two Housekeepers, and led by a knowledgeable and experienced Captain, who will ensure your cruise is memorable and more. Their knowledge of the region, combined with fascinating chauffeur-driven private excursions and the 12 bikes provided, will allow you to explore the areas you cruise through in as much detail as you desire.
Barge Panache cruises in Holland in the Spring when the flowers are in full bloom. This is without a doubt the best time to visit the Netherlands. Their Dutch Tulip Cruises are carefully planned to allow you to experience all that the country has to offer.
In June and July, Panache cruises Paris & Champagne. The Champagne itineraries typically include Brie cheese tastings, a tour of the Cathedral at Reims, Epernay and, of course, tastings at renowned Champagne houses.
In the Summer and Autumn, Panache cruises the beautiful and varied waterways of Alsace-Lorraine, a region of France offering a unique mix of French and German cultures, history and local gastronomy.
Panache's voyage through Alsace-Lorraine will give you the opportunity to appreciate the very best of the region, passing storybook villages along the way, visiting places such as Strasbourg, renowned for their Baroque and Romanesque architecture and uniquely, experiencing Europe's most famous boat elevator!
— HOLLAND —
- Tour the famous Keukenhof Gardens with the largest display of flowers in the world
- Visit the Aalsmeer flower auction
- Tour the fascinating conservation area at Enkhuizen
- Visit the Royal Delft pottery to see the world famous earthenware being hand-made and painted
- Tour picturesque Haarlem and visit a museum of the Dutch painter, Frans Hals
- Tour the charming city of Leiden, Rembrandt's birthplace
— CHAMPAGNE —
- Cruise the pretty River Marne and the Canal Lateral à la Marne past waterside vineyards
- Enjoy a private winery tour and tasting at renowned champagne houses such as Moët & Chandon, Henriot & Maison Pannier
- Visit the the magnificent 800-year-old Reims cathedral, a Gothic masterpiece and now UNESCO World Heritage Centre where the Kings of France were once crowned
- Visit Epernay, the champagne capital, for a cellar tour and private tasting
- Visit Château-Thierry, the scene of fierce battles in World War I, and Belleau Wood
— ALSACE-LORRAINE —
- Tour the beautiful city of Strasbourg and visit its Gothic cathedral
- Explore the Route des Vins d'Alsace and a private wine tasting
- Visit the Meteor brewery, founded in 1640
- Experience the unique lock & boat elevator at Arzviller
- Visit the spectacular René Lalique Collection
- Tour of historic Sarrebourg including a visit to the Chagall chapel
- Enjoy a candel-lit meal while cruising through the two Arzviller tunnels
- Excellent towpath for walking and cycling
New for Winter 2022
Panache has a new Christmas Market Cruise in Alsace for 3 weeks over this November & December 2022. Visit the magical Alsatian Christmas Markets and enjoy Christmas lights displays, troubadours and minstrels, wooden toys, stained glass, wreaths, choirs and traditional concerts, live nativity, outdoor ice skating rinks, and more. The markets are full of local products and traditional items such as bredle aniseed, pancakes, and mulled wine with cinnamon and orange.
- Colmar's six famous Christmas markets
- Strasbourg, one of Europe's largest Christmas markets.
- Haguenau Christmas market north of Strasbourg
- Meisenthal Glass Bauble factory
- Sarrebourg's 13th century chapel, with Marc Chagall’s remarkable stained-glass window
Learn More About French Christmas Markets in Alsace
View the Christmas Market Cruise Itinerary
HOME - Welcome to Hotel Barge Panache