Enchanté is a spacious, double-decker hotel barge that has been built to the highest standard to offer a stylish on board ambience that is perfect for enjoying a barge cruise through this sun-drenched region of the Canal du Midi in the south of France. She accommodates up to eight guests and has five crew (Captain, Tour Director, Chef, Housekeeper, and Hostess) to take care of you during your stay.
This hotel barge is tastefully furnished in a contemporary style, creating a bright, art deco atmosphere. She has a large salon with outstanding attention to detail, including an open-plan demonstration galley where guests can see their skilled chef at work. On the lower deck, there is also a computer with internet connection for guests' use, as well as the requisite Wi-Fi onboard.
The luxurious air-conditioned guest cabins are four equally spacious suites with your choice of twin beds or a double, all with superbly appointed ensuite bathrooms.
Outside, the expansive sun deck boasts an al fresco dining area, an eight-person spa pool, and comfortable loungers to relax in while the countryside drifts slowly by.
Enchanté is a hotel barge that offers an alluring blend of luxury and modernity. She is a vessel that will charm any discerning traveler on her sedate journey through the Midi countryside.
Barge Cruise Highlights
- Private winery tour and tasting of fine Minervois wines
- Tour Narbonne's Archbishop's Palace and experience the colorful market
- Visit an olive oil press to sample the famous Lucques olives
- Visit beautiful Lagrasse and its 8th century abbey, with lunch in a stunning location
- See the Cathar hilltop village of Minerve with its spectacular setting
- Tour of the medieval city of Carcassonne
- Excellent towpath for walking and cycling
- "Biking Plus" option available