Provence Cruise Itinerary Between Béziers and Avignon
Day 1, Sunday: Meet Roi Soleil
- Transfer, welcome on-board, and cocktails
Day 2, Monday: Rhone River - From Avignon OR from Vallabregues
- The Pope’s Palace and Arts Museum.
- AND / OR Châteauneuf du Pape (private tasting with the winemaker).
- AND / OR Pont du Gard.
- AND / OR Uzès (similar to St. Remy but with much more elaborate architecture).
- AND / OR St. Quentin la Pottery (A center for traditional and contemporary earthenware).
Day 3, Tuesday: From Arles
- Arles city with its Roman and Medieval history and architecture; van Gogh tour; shopping; cafes.
- AND St. Remy de Provence.
- AND / OR Beaux de Provence.
- AND / OR Roman ruins.
- AND / OR Isle sur la Sorgue antique dealers.
- AND / OR Villages of Provence.
Day 4, Wednesday: Petit Rhone river and Canal du Rhone à Sete
From Aigues Mortes:
- The battlement tower.
- Shops and art galleries.
- Bull ranches with Camargue "cowboys".
- Bird watching.
From Cabannes du Roc:
- Montpellier historic center, shops, antiques.
- AND / OR Wine tasting in historic domains.
Day 5, Thursday: Lagoon of Thau:
From Sète, easterly approach:
- Walk along the Mediterranean.
- Sète historic center; lively market.
- Panoramic view from Mont-St.-Clair.
- Wine tasting.
- AND / OR Valmagne Abbey.
- AND / OR Roman villa and museum.
Day 6, Friday: Entering Canal du Midi
- City of Agde.
- AND / OR Pézenas and shops
- AND / OR Béziers and shops
Day 7, Saturday: Béziers
- After a leisurely breakfast onboard, transfer to departure point.
- On alternate weeks, cruise will be in reverse direction.
- This is a sample itinerary and is subject to change.