The 8-passenger Magna Carta is one of the finest, most luxurious vessels cruising the British Isles. The ambience created by combining a traditional barge hull (1936) and fine mahogany, teak and oak woods is outstanding.
Magna Carta - Cruising the Thames
Magna Carta has the most sophisticated modern amenities, including air conditioning, WiFi internet access and underfloor heating in each of the four guest cabins. Each suite has exceptionally spacious contemporary en-suite facilities and color TVs and DVD players. The upper deck saloon and dining areas sport picture windows and stylish furnishings. The sun deck has comfortable seating and a spa pool (hot tub). There are touring bikes on board to use at your pleasure for rides along the tow paths.
The Middle Thames...
A slow meandering journey past Royal Palaces, quaint riverside towns, villages, a mixture of olde worlde England and the natural beauty of Surrey, Berkshire and Oxfordshire. From Henry VIII's Hampton Court past Windsor Castle to Henley with frequent stops allowing plenty of time to wander and explore while Magna Carta follows this old Viking trading route deep into rural countryside. Gentle exploration are the keywords, with good cycling and walking opportunities as the elegant and spacious Magna Carta finds her way inland.
- English cream tea at the Stafford Hotel in London
- Explore Henry VIII's Hampton Court Palace
- Moor beneath Windsor Castle, and have a visit
- Tour of Cliveden and its gardens at Cookham
- Visit the Tudor manor house of Dorney Court
- Tour the Stanley Spencer art gallery
- See Henley on Thames, the Royal Regatta town
- Tour of Christ Church College in Oxford
- Great walking and bicycling along the Thames footpath
- Tour of Highclere Castle (Downton Abbey) on selected departures