| BARGES | REGIONS
| THEMES | FAQ
| MORE | VIDEOS
US | CONTACT US
|Barging in France:
Luxury barge cruise vacations on the French hotel barge FINESSE cruising the River Saône and Canal du Centre in Southern Burgundy France
French Hotel Barge FINESSE
Cruising the Southern Burgundy region of France
along River Saône and Canal du Centre
Finesse is a luxurious, double-decker hotel barge that cruises
the scenic River Saône and Canal du Centre in Southern Burgundy.
Finesse is the perfect vessel to cruise the meandering waterways of Southern Burgundy cruising past vineyards and charming canalside villages, and to discover fascinating places along the way such as Autun, Beaune and Dijon.
The well-designed public areas include a salon with contemporary furnishings and panoramic windows where the emphasis is on making the most of the natural light. There is also a demonstration galley where guests can watch their chef preparing delicious gourmet meals. Outside, guests can relax on the large sun deck with its alfresco dining area, comfortable seating and spa pool.
Finesse accommodates up to 8 guests in 4 cabins which may be configured either as double or twins. Each of these spacious suites are air conditioned and have a beautifully appointed private, ensuite bathroom.
With her attentive crew of five, you will be pampered and well taken care of.
- Tour of historic Dijon including the magnificent Notre-Dame and wonderful markets
- Visit the 14th century Château de Gremolles, last residence of the Dukes of Burgundy
- Tour and tasting of fine wines at 17th century Château de Chamirey in Mercurey
- Gastronomic lunch ashore at a Michelin-starred restaurant
- Visit to Beaune, including Hôtel Dieu Hospice
- Tour of ancient Roman city of Autun and its 12th century cathedral
- Excellent opportunities for walking and cycling
- "Biking Plus" option available
- Noisette d'Agneau des Corbières en Croûte de Sel Sauce Romarin;
- Filet de Boeuf Charolais avec Sauce Epoisses;
- Magret de Canard au Ratafia de Bourgogne;
- Domaine Frederic Curtis, Saint-Véran;
- Domaine Borgeot, Puligny-Montrachet 'Vieilles Vignes';
- Domaine Coche-Bizouard, Meursault;
- Le Petit Vougeot;
- Aisy Cendré;
- Bouton de Culotte;
It's not how far nor how fast, it's the pleasure of the journey that keeps people coming back for more.
Barging in France - Hotel Barges in France - Barge Charters Cruises Vacations Tours Trips