THEMED CRUISES : French Mediterranean Garden Cruise
Is nature, flowers and beautiful gardens your interest? The combination of a cruise along the canal with visits to some of the most beautiful gardens in the South of France is just what you are looking for.
You will be accompanied by a local English horticulturist, Gill Pound, who combines the running of a nursery with garden consultancy and courses in gardening.
These are very specialist cruises so early booking is essential if you don't want to be disappointed. Please contact us for more details.
Here is a sample of what awaits you:
- A walk in the garrigue near Conques sur Orbiel, an area particularly noted for the diversity of its flora
- A visit to the garden of La Petite Pépinière at Caunes-Minervois where Gill Pound has an extensive collection of plants adapted for dry climates and to the garden of Liz & Jacques Thompson at Cesseras, which has been recently restored in classic French style.
- A walk in the garrigue in Assignan, near St Chinian, in an area which allows us to contrast the flora which grow on limestone with the flora which grow on acid soils.
- A visit to the beautiful Cistercian Abbaye de Fontfroide and its newly-restored terraced gardens
- A visit to the Jardin de St Adrien, a prize winning landscaped park on the site of a former quarry.
NOTE: As this is a guided theme cruise, a supplement to the standard charter fee will apply.