French Hotel Barge LA BELLE EPOQUE
Experience the French countryside while cruising along the
Canal de Bourgogne - Burgundy, France
Venarey-les-Laumes to Tanlay
The 12-passenger La Belle Epoque
is a spacious, luxurious hotel barge and sister ship to L'Impressionniste. She originally carried logs from Burgundy to Paris and Amsterdam and has been skilfully converted into a delightful hotel barge. She is now the perfect vessel for cruising the Upper Burgundy Canal with its towpaths that are ideal for walking and cycling.
She has been designed with both elegance and passenger comfort in mind with air conditioning/central heating and offers a sun deck with spa pool, wood-panelled saloon/dining room and other luxury amenities. The six spacious guest cabins offer a choice of twin or double beds, with marble en-suite bathrooms.
The Captain leads a crew of six, comprising Master Chef, Tour Guide, Housekeeper,
Stewardess and Deckhand.
Burgundy / Bourgogne
- All-inclusive open bar, free wines, gourmet cuisine, entry fees to excursions
- Visit the Abbaye de Fontenay, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Private wine tasting of Chablis wines in the cellars of a renowned Domaine
- Private Champagne tasting at the boutique Maison Alexandre Bonnet
- Visit the village of Flavigny sur Ozerain, location of the film "Chocolat"
- Visit to Château d'Ancy-le-Franc
- Visit to Noyers-sur-Serein, one of the most beautiful villages in Burgundy
- Visit to famous battle site of Alesia
- Excellent walking and bicycling; "Biking Plus" available
- Optional Hot Air Ballooning
Burgundy boasts some of the world's finest wines with almost 60,000 acres of
sun-lit vines which you can experience by two canals that pass through
this region: the Canal du Nivernais, and the Canal de Bourgogne which
lies to its east.
Click map to enlarge
La Belle Epoque cruises the upper Burgundy Canal in the North of
Burgundy throughout the season, between the two classic French towns of
Tanlay and Venarey-les-Laumes. This is a perfect cruise for exploring
every aspect of the region. The waterways wind through the heart of the territory's renowned vineyards, medieval towns, elegant châteaux, magnificent cathedrals, picturesque villages and wonderful local markets. En route, barging in Burgundy guarantees a wealth of sightseeing opportunities.
This is a region with a vast variety of cheeses, in all shapes, sizes and colors, strong in character or mild and fresh, and all can be enjoyed with full-bodied red Burgundies, or perhaps with lighter white Chablis wines. The Burgundian gastronomic tradition is rich and diverse. A sedate Burgundy barge cruise along one of its delightful waterways will allow you to indulge in good food and wine: two of life's essential pleasures.
It's not how far nor how fast, it's the pleasure of the journey that keeps people coming back for more.
Barging in France - Hotel Barges in France - Barge Charters Cruises Vacations Tours Trips