HOME | BARGES | REGIONS | THEMES | FAQ | BLOG
| MORE | VIDEOS | ABOUT
US | CONTACT US
cruise vacations on the French hotel barge L'ART DE VIVRE cruising
the Canal du Nivernais in the Burgundy / Bourgogne region of France
French Hotel Barge L' ART DE VIVRE
Nivernais Canal, Burgundy France
between Auxerre and Chevroches
The eight-passenger L'Art de Vivre started life as a
Scottish lumber carrier and has been carefully transformed by a team
of skilled craftsmen into a floating celebration of the Burgundian
French Hotel Barge L'ART DE VIVRE - Cruising Northern Burgundy, France
She is very much a traditional barge in style, with original wood and brass features that emphasise her heritage and create a warm and inviting interior atmosphere. The comfortable, compact cabins all have modern en-suite, private bathroom facilities and the delightful salon combines contemporary leather with more traditional furnishings.
There is a sun deck to relax on with a glass of wine as you glide
through the pretty Burgundy countryside, a relaxing spa pool and, of
course, bicycles for exploring along the towpath before rejoining the
hotel barge at one of the locks up ahead.
Your crew of four comprises a Captain, Master Chef, Tour Guide and
Hostess, all with a love of the Nivernais Canal and secure in the
knowledge that their vessel represents "L'Art de Vivre" itself. The
region simply oozes charm and the cruise is a journey back in time
along a magical waterway.
L'Art de Vivre is also available for "Tandem Cruises"
with the 12-passenger La Belle Epoque for larger groups of up to 20
- Explore enchanting Auxerre and its magnificent cathedral
- Private wine tasting of Chablis and Petit Chablis in the cellars of a renowned Domaine
- Tour Noyers-sur-Serein, one of the most beautiful villages in Burgundy
- Visit the picturesque village of Vezelay and its hilltop basilica
- Visit elegant Château de Bazoches
- Dinner at the 5 Star Château de Vault-de-Lugny
- Excellent walking and bicycling
- "Biking Plus" option available
- Optional Hot Air Ballooning
It's not how far nor how fast, it's the pleasure of the journey that keeps people coming back for more.
Barging in France - Hotel Barges in France - Barge Charters Cruises Vacations Tours Trips