Welcome to l'Art de Vivre
The eight-passenger L'Art de Vivre started life as a Scottish lumber carrier and has been carefully transformed by a team of skilled craftsmen into a floating celebration of the Burgundian "good life".
French Hotel Barge L'ART DE VIVRE - Cruising Northern Burgundy, France
She is very much a traditional barge in style, with original wood and brass features that emphasise her heritage and create a warm and inviting interior atmosphere. The comfortable, compact cabins all have modern en-suite, private bathroom facilities and the delightful salon combines contemporary leather with more traditional furnishings.
There is a sun deck to relax on with a glass of wine as you glide through the pretty Burgundy countryside, a relaxing spa pool and, of course, bicycles for exploring along the towpath before rejoining the hotel barge at one of the locks up ahead.
Your crew of four comprises a Captain, Master Chef, Tour Guide and Hostess, all with a love of the Nivernais Canal and secure in the knowledge that their vessel represents "L'Art de Vivre" itself. The region simply oozes charm and the cruise is a journey back in time along a magical waterway.
L'Art de Vivre is also available for "Tandem Cruises" with the 12-passenger La Belle Epoque for larger groups of up to 20 passengers.
- Explore enchanting Auxerre and its magnificent cathedral
- Private wine tasting at the prestigious Chablis house of Domaine Laroche, along with a cellar visit and private lunch
- Excursion to the prehistoric cave paintings at Arcy sur Cure, followed by a crémant wine tasting in the cellars of Bailly Lapierre
- Visit the picturesque village of Vezelay and its hilltop basilica
- Visit the elegant 12th-century Château de Bazoches
- Dinner at the 5-Star Château de Vault-de-Lugny
- Excellent towpath for walking and bicycling
- "Biking Plus" option available
- Optional Hot Air Ballooning
HOME - Art de Vivre